This course is designed to provide an overview of customer requirements and the related quality and safety standards, processes and documentation so that suppliers are in a stronger position to implement robust quality management processes, systems, controls, plans and documentation.
It will address the following requirements:
- the practical implications of customer quality frameworks and standards; e.g. RCC-M, ASME, NSQ100 and GQAS
- the quality management structures, systems, plans and evidence required to meet customer expectations and comply with quality standards
- the practical documentation requirements, plans and business processes that customers expect and demand of suppliers.
Appreciation of customer expectation and standards and implementing effective quality management processes, including:
- Practical application of nuclear quality standards, e.g. NSQ 100 & GQAS
- Quality management organisational structures
- Quality management systems specific to contract scope
- Quality Plans – importance and content
- Evidence of compliance and audit
- Quality manuals and plans
- Realisation of continuous improvement responsibilities in line with customer expectations
Documentation controls, including:
- Creating, reviewing & approving documentation controls
- Resource requirements
- Procedure approval & customer approval
- SQEP records/competency records & independency
- Change control
- Retention periods/lifetime records (how, who?)
- Samples and test specimens
- Documentation specifics (radiographs, ultrasonics and equivalents)
- Project plans and reporting
- Disaster management plans/business continuity management
- Storage & preservation (process and documentation)
Quality assurance managers, plus it may also benefit key employees from other departments such as manufacturing/engineering or material planning and logistics.
Suitable for the following Job grades:
- Senior Manager
Suitable for the following key business functions:
- Material Planning & Logistics
Standard times are 0900 – 1630, however, these can be negotiated to suit the needs of the company.
In- House - This course has been designed to be delivered in-house so it can be tailored to a specific company. Subject to availability our trainers can deliver the programme at the company’s site (or at a suitable local venue of their choice) if they have a group of 10 or more (max 15). Please register your interest here.
Open - Course dates for this programme are set on an ad-hoc basis depending on demand. Currently no further open/public dates are planned for 2017, however, please register your interest here and we will be in touch if demand increases and we are able to put an open course on.
For further information, please contact;
T: 01142 229943